ZÜNDAPP – year 1925
Manufacturer: Zundapp Werke GmbH, Nuremberg, Germany
The first post-war "civilian” Zundapp motorcycle models were equipped with an English two-stroke Levis engine, of a capacity 211 cm3 and power 2,6 kW (3,5 KM) – Źródła angielskie podają, that the power of the Levis engine was 3 KM, and the American that 2,5 KM. The rear wheel was driven by a V-belt. The vehicle did not have a gearbox. W 1925 year, the engine capacity was increased to 249 cm3, thanks to which its power increased to 3,7 kW (5 KM) at 3500 rpm. A chain transmission was used for transmission in the modernized motorcycle. The vehicle also received a three-speed gearbox and shoe brakes on both wheels. This so-called. One-size-fits-all, distinguished by its massive structure and solid workmanship, it weighed 85 kg and developed a maximum speed 75 km/h. Costed 860 marek. Do 1927 years sold 25 000 these motorcycles, a year 1929 – 75 000 copies.
Thanks to the commercial successes of this model, the plant was able to increase production and build a modern plant in Nuremberg-Schweinau, where from at the beginning 1929 The first motorcycle came off the assembly line in the year. It was a model 300 WITH, differing from its predecessor mainly by a more modern frame and forward-leaning engine, this type was admittedly the last model of the first generation of Zundappa motorcycles, but thanks to him the label survived the crisis years, which for many other motorcycle manufacturers spelled the end of motorcycle production or the collapse of the company.