AUSTRO-MOTORETTE – year 1921
Manufacturer: Steierische Fahrzeugwerke AG, Putingam near Graz, Austria
Austriacka firma Steirische Fahrzeugwerke w 1921 In the same year, it started its automotive activity with the production of auxiliary drives for bicycles. Included in the drive unit, which could be mounted on any type of bicycle (in place of the front wheel) entered the engine with the fuel tank, auxiliary fork and road wheel.
Two-stroke, the single-cylinder engine used in this unit had a displacement 83 cm3 and reached power 0,74 kW (1 KM) at 3000 rpm. The source of the current igniting the mixture in the cylinder was a low-voltage magneto, located in the handwheel. The spark plug had movable electrodes and was also used as a chopper. The opening of the contacts was controlled by a screw mounted on the piston. Engine crankshaft, mounted on one end, passed through the front wheel hub, and at the other end it had a flywheel attached to the planetary gear.
Entire team (with a total weight 12,5 kg) enabled the vehicle, in which it was attached, reaching speeds up to 40 km/h. The fuel consumption was 1.5-3 liters per 100 kilometers.
From 1924 In the last year, the company started the production of light motorcycles designed by Eng. Karla Schubera, equipped with a two-stroke engine with a displacement 144 cm3, who was gaining power 1,8 kW (2,5 KM) at 3000 rpm.
Inż. Schuber also developed a racing motorcycle with a displacement 173 cm3, with two camshafts in the cylinder head.
From 1927 years were produced in Graz – already under a new brand name: Graz engine works – Titan class motorcycles 350 cm3 (with two-stroke) and five hundred, equipped with four-stroke, JAP and Blackburne bottom valve engines.
W 1933 In the year, the factory stopped producing motorcycles.