DIAMOND – year 1904
Manufacturer: Diamant-Fahrradwerke, Gebr. Nevoigt, Riechanbrand, Saxony, Germany
Diamant was founded in 1884 year in Riechenbrand near Chemnitz (today Karl-Marx-Stadt, Siegmar), mechanics Friedrich Nevoigt. The factory produced weaving and knitting machines, coat for textile machines, jacquard, and from 1885 year also writing pens. The production of bicycles started here in 1896 year. Seven years later, the first motorcycles left the factory gate. Compared to the number of bicycles produced, the production volume of motorcycles was not impressive. The value of motorcycles produced in 1905 year has reached 41 000 marek, while the revenues for bicycles were 650 000 marek.
The illustrated motorcycle from 1904 of the year is one of the label's first models. It was powered by a single-cylinder four-stroke engine with a displacement 320 cm3 and power 1,8 kW (2,5 KM) with automatic inlet valve. The composition of the mixture in the carburetor was set using two control taps, and its ignition was provided by a low-voltage magneto, shaft driven from the engine and bevel gear. The engine had an open lubrication system. The driving force was transferred to the rear wheel by a belt, directly from the crankshaft. The engine was started using a foot starter. The motorcycle did not have sprung wheels. The mechanical brake only acted on the rear wheel. The weight of the vehicle was 60 kg.. Maximum Travel Speed - 50 km/h.
In June 1918 On the year, the company joined as a department of Diamant-Werke, Siegmar to the joint-stock company Elite-Werke AG in Brand-Erbisdorf, which produces passenger cars and trucks. In the twenties, hard times came for the company Elita – the demand for motorcycles fell and the huge financial investments invested in the development of new six-cylinder car models could not be recovered. Even that didn't help, that in 1927 year, already under the new name Elite-Diamant-Werke AG, sold 500 copies of motorcycles. Opel, who became the owner of the majority of shares and thus the owner of the entire enterprise, started selling some plants. The plant in Brand-Erbisdorf was taken over by the shareholder Flasmussen, which launched the production of spare parts for Stoewer cars here, Ford, Horch i DKW. The factory in Siegmar survived the crisis by producing sewing machines, bicycles and motorbikes with Fichtel engines & Sachs. Today it is part of the nationalized Elite-Diamant company in Karl-Marx-Stadt.