PUCH – year 1906
Manufacturer: Johann Puch, First Steiermarkische Fahrrad-Fabrik AG, Graz, Austria-Hungary
W 1906 year, after a three-year period of testing, the Puch company offered for sale tourist motorcycles, racing, "Women's”, with a side trolley for transporting people or goods driven one- and two-cylinder engines with power 2-4,5 kW (2,7—6 KM), and - for the first time - cars.
The illustrated motorcycle was shipped with an air-cooled 4-stroke engine, with power 3 kW (4 KM) or 3,7 kW (5 KM). Both versions have a magneto ignition system with an interrupter. The ignition timing adjustment mechanism was well sealed and mounted on one plate, which, in the event of a defect, could be removed from the engine block. The sparker was driven by a chain or a toothed gear. The rear wheel drive transferred a flat belt wide from the engine 45 mm, with spring loaded tensioner. The rear wheel had a reliable band brake. The exhaust pipe was equipped with a throttle to regulate the intensity of the exhaust gas flow. The fuel tank housed 15 liters of gasoline. The bicycle-type frame was not sprung. "Soft” only a wicker basket had the suspension, serving as a trailer. Depending on the engine version, the vehicle reached its maximum speed 76 km / h or 85 km/h.
As the hit of the season 1906, Puch promoted a planetary gearbox with two gear ratios, with overrunning clutch (the so-called. free wheel), located in the rear wheel hub. It allowed better use of engine power, it eliminated the troublesome assistance with pedals when going uphill, etc.. The freewheel mechanism was very convenient, especially in urban traffic conditions, because it allowed you to stop without turning off the engine. It was only necessary to buy a cooling fan, located on the right side of the drive block.
A two-cylinder Puch with a more powerful engine cost 1400 koron, 1190 brands or 1470 francs. The surcharge for the trailer was CZK 240-300, depending on the material used - cowhide, shagrin or their imitation.